Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of the Position:
Provides the WL and CO Plants with sales and manufacturing operating plans. Develops
Plant schedules and finished goods inventory strategy. Key participant in the fiber demand management process. Serves as a subject matter expert for planning, operations scheduling, finished goods inventory management, and customer order fulfillment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Develops and utilizes capacity models.
• Develops plant schedules and/or tactical operating plans.
• Participates in demand/allocation management process.
• Generates weekly supply plans for manufacturing and Supply Chain.
• Monitors and reports out finished goods inventory levels.
• Interacts with engineering, development and commercial in development of weekly plant schedules.
• Provides detailed analysis as requested for various areas of the supply chain.
• Provides expertise in manufacturing capabilities and inventory tracking systems.
• Maintains appropriate safety stock levels, derived using proper supply chain analytics, and monitors performance to these targets.
• Measures and reports key service measures to the division.
• Supervises WL Plant Schedulers.
Projects involved with:
• Finished Goods Inventory management
Travel Requirements: (National/International; 0-100%) Minimal, <5%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40+ hours/week
• Bachelor’s Degree (Technical, Business or Supply Chain).
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Minimum 5 years in manufacturing or product line management/forecasting.
• Experience in analytical role.
• Competent with IT tools.
• Understanding of product specifications and workflow
• Business Acumen
• Financial Analysis
• Excel proficiency
• Strong Communication skills
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Customer Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Process Management
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled