Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
Power M.Sc. with direct interest in Industrial power systems applications. Will report directly to the manager of the Electrical Power Engineering group. The focus of the position will be on Process Power system design, construction management, trouble shooting. Will work together with Corning Process Power engineers.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Scoping and execution of process power engineering projects to Corning’s divisions and plants, both for new construction and existing facilities.
· Perform process power system design reviews
· Perform power system studies, load flow/short circuit analysis and relay coordination studies for Corning’s process power systems, measure and maintain loading data, harmonics, Power Factor
· Drive application of new technologies
· Maintain relevant Industry standards
· Perform power equipment and system failure analyses
· Report directly to group manager, and interface with group director and customer organization management.
Travel Requirements: 40-50% domestic and international travel.
Education: Minimum M.Sc in Electrical Engineering or Power Engineering
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering. A Ph.D. in Power Engineering is desirable
· Knowledge of Medium and Low-Voltage power systems and components is a must
· Familiarity with protection & control studies and international standards
· Understanding and use of all safety practices as it relates to working with Low and Medium voltage systems.
· Knowledge of power system reliability in combination with system automation, maintenance programs and operations.
· Proficiency with MS office applications
· Ability to multitask between projects and activities, deal with uncertainties and conflicting objectives and constraints.
· Project Management Skills (scoping, budgeting, leadership, implementing).
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";