Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
Scope of Position:
To lead and/or participate on project teams to develop new manufacturing technology for the purposes of reducing cost, increasing capacity and/or improving product at a manufacturing site. Engineer will work with our team to plan, conduct and analyze related project activities.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Serve as a process resource for troubleshooting of production equipment/processes in the Erwin Manufacturing facility.
- Provide support for manufacturing of cellular ceramic products.
- Support and/or lead projects in manufacturing that will enable the facility to meet its goals and objectives.
- Design and execute experiments
- Analyze data and report findings and conclusions
- Apply engineering fundamentals to solve problems
- Involves determination of manufacturability of products and improved effectiveness and cost of production processes through determinations regarding: Methods, equipment, layout, workflow, time standards, capacity utilization, process/equipment improvements, and process control systems.
Projects involved with:
- Reducing manufacturing costs
- Increasing manufacturing capacity and/ or capability
- Improving product performance
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40+, Monday – Friday: typically 8:00AM – 5:00PM. Occasional off hour troubleshooting and experiment support
- BS or MS in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Ceramic/Materials Engineering
- Engineering co-op or intern experience preferred, if no post-degree work experience
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong fundamental understanding of basic engineering principles and the ability to apply them in solving manufacturing problems
- Technical aptitude conducive to building proficiency in troubleshooting manufacturing equipment and evaluating manufacturing data
- Ability to work with production and other engineering organization to assist in successful transition of new developments to production customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and issues effectively
- Experience with MS Access, MS Excel, SPC, Excel, and/or Minitab and its application for analyzing process data and integrating with other programs to enhance process knowledge and capability
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on troubleshooting of process equipment
- Statistical analysis skill or training
- Six Sigma Green Belt or DMAIC project experience
- Lean error proofing training/experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works well in diverse, cross functional team environment
- Acts and make decisions in the best interest of the project team
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the project team
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}