Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day problem solving support to Operations.
- Identify process improvement and cost reduction projects based on rigorous analysis of process data. The engineer is expected to utilize the scientific method to develop, test, and prove hypotheses.
- Prepare cost justifications and capital requests for any new equipment purchases that may be required to achieve project goals.
- Interface with operators, team leaders and peers to develop and implement process, equipment, or safety improvements into manufacturing.
- Oversee all aspects of bringing new equipment into production, including preparation of financial justification, designing, specifying, purchasing, as well as tracking all spending related to the project. Develop maintenance and operator training documentation, conducting equipment qualification and initial training of production personnel, and making provisions for repair parts stocking levels. Formally document all aspects of the project.
- Support the transfer of new technology, materials, or processes from development to production. Provide processing support during product development, develop plans as to how the equipment/processes will be employed into production and ensure that the new technology is repeatable in a production environment prior to transfer. Ensure all production and maintenance documentation is completed such as MI's, SOP's, PM's, and calibration.
- Leads, Co-Leads or supports attribute improvement projects, cost reduction projects or equipment upgrades.
- Act as new equipment process/equipment receiver, clearly defining equipment acceptance criteria and communicating associated timelines.
- Act with urgency to close out assigned projects by deadlines.
- Consistently and effectively communicates issues and concerns to stakeholders.
- Has well developed verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate scientific concepts and data to others.
- Seeks out peers/shop personnel to gain high level of process understanding, listens to their concerns and seeks resolution rapidly within the functional area.
Travel Requirements: Domestic Travel and International Travel (<10%).
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, Glass Engineering, or Materials Science & Engineering.
- 1-3 years of engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Exposure to Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- The ability to learn new technology and processes quickly.
- Creative/innovative problem solving.
- Strong technical fundamentals with process engineering skills.
- Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions.
- Results oriented and high commitment.
- Can take routine data retrieval and analysis and develop a standard methodology.
- Strongly results oriented. Able to handle multiple complex tasks and set priorities with multiple internal customers.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, including formulas and graphing functions.
- Practical experience with basic statistics, familiarity with advanced statistical methods.
- Demonstrated leadership or teamwork in accomplishing common goals.
- Basic knowledge of Six Sigma (DMAIC) methodology.
Soft Skills: Seeks out peers/shop personnel to gain high level of process understanding, listens to their concerns and seeks resolution rapidly within the functional area.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}