Develop technical imaging to support processes spanning the Clean Process and Surface Engineering core capabilities. This could include clean process, non-contact handling, as well as surface engineering.
Support all Corning business divisions and all stages of product innovation.
- Provide imaging expertise to help solve process problems
- Provide leadership in testing proof of concept/feasibility for new manufacturing processes or significant capability improvement of existing manufacturing processes.
- Support projects by improving processes and solving problems based on fundamental understanding gained through the use of the scientific method as well as imaging
- Work with others to investigate manufacturing process alternatives and down select based on the technical fundamentals
- Conduct hands on work in a laboratory environment
- Maintaining contacts with groups outside of RD&E to facilitate problem identification and solutions.
- Maintaining labs, process equipment, and lab materials
- Document work and generate IP as appropriate
- Record and analyze process data using statistics
- Communicate project status and updates to work group
- Travel Requirements: <25% some international required
- Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Typically 8-5
- Minimum BS Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Experience with imaging hardware and digital image analysis software
- Able to assess imaging setup requirements based on process observations
- Creative/innovative problem solving skills unique to image capture and setup
- Experience in conducting experiments, recording/tracking data in a laboratory environment including post image analysis
- Able to effectively work within the ever changing and dynamic work environment associated with early stage projects
- Organized with good planning and time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, formulas, graphing, etc.
- Able to work with a variety of lab equipment
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong laboratory and experimental practices
- The ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, including accurate recording of experiments, creating detailed documents, and reporting out or presentation within team.
- General knowledge of Corning organization and processes and business systems
- Some level of mechanical aptitude/equipment understanding
- Hard-working, learns quickly and independently
- Ability to build relationships across functional groups
- Integrate well into the team environment
- Communication skills (written & oral)
- Ability to access network to get things done
- Independence and team-work
- Highly motivated, willing to take initiative
- Demonstrated dependability
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}