Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position: Process support of manufacturing
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Monitoring day-to-day processes
• Reviewing SPC data and reacting to issues
• Providing technical support for maintenance
• Troubleshooting equipment to optimize uptime
• Improving effectiveness of preventive maintenance
• Redesigning or working with Equipment Engineering to redesign equipment to produce step changes in performance
• Providing input to the equipment preservation roadmap
• Identify process improvement or cost reduction opportunities
Travel Requirements: Rarely
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: M-F; 8am - 5pm
Required Education: Bachelors in Technical Field (Engineering strongly preferred)
Required Years and Area of Experience: 3-5 years' manufacturing experience
• Expertise in statistical process control
• Familiarity with mechanical and electrical drawings
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel
• Working knowledge of CAD and document control
• Understand and use data to improve processes
• Working knowledge of Solid Works
• Working knowledge of OSI PI
• Working knowledge of extrusion and injection molding
• Assembly of injection molded plastic components.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Self-motivated to take action
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled