Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
To know more about Corning Environmental Technologies, visit us at:
Scope of Position:
- To plan, support and lead work-streams or tasks on Firing technology projects, including:
- Develop new manufacturing technologies, equipment, and methods
- Improve existing manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Develop methods and processes for the manufacture of new products (including early stage new products)
- Develop methods and processes to improve existing products
- Support manufacturing improvement initiatives, including variability reduction, defect reduction, process control improvement, 6-Sigma
- Supervise firing engineering process group to plan, support, and lead work-streams or tasks on Firing Technology Projects.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
To provide engineering expertise and leadership for equipment and process technologies within the Environmental Technologies Division Engineering Firing Technology group. Lead firing technology and engineering projects and/or sub-teams. Supervise and guide firing engineering process group to support Firing technology projects.
- Lead, plan, organize and execute work-streams on projects to deliver improvement and step change capabilities
- Project work scope typically includes design, development, manufacturing installation, start-up and acceptance
- Role includes supervisor, individual contributor, technical leadership, and project leadership responsibilities
- Manage internal Corning and external vendor resources to complete project deliverables
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and methods to resolve challenges
- Lead or support development and execution of firing technology strategy, roadmap and project portfolio
- Lead or support problem-solving in manufacturing, including root cause identification and resolution
- Apply process engineering knowledge, skills and experience from concept (including early stage new product development) through delivery of process and equipment at manufacturing locations
Projects Involved with:
Developing new and improving existing firing manufacturing technologies, equipment and methods. Developing methods and processes for the manufacture of new products (including supporting early stage new product development). Developing methods and processes to improve quality, cost and efficiency of fired part attributes. Support manufacturing improvements, variability reduction, defect reduction, process control, capacity and 6-Sigma.
Role Within Group:
- Provide project leadership, technical and process engineering leadership/ skills to meet department goals and objectives
- Member of Division Engineering Firing Technology group
- Supervisor for firing process engineering group
- Work with and facilitate alignment between manufacturing, development, materials engineering and upstream process experts to deliver step change and improvement of firing technology capabilities
Travel Requirements: Some travel should be expected, dependent on project assignments. International travel is possible. Typical travel requirement is 25% or less.
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline (ceramic, chemical or materials preferred)
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering or development
- Leadership demonstrated on project teams responsible for implementation of new processes or equipment into manufacturing
- Technical competence in chemical, ceramic or process engineering.
- Proficient people management and development
- Experience successfully developing and delivering technical projects to manufacturing.
- Experience with ceramics processing or related technologies.
- Project leadership, including ability to achieve results through matrix organization or team.
- Achieve results through application of rigorous project management methods, such as 6-Sigma.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at technical problem-solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrated results developing and delivering step change innovations to manufacturing
- Skills and experience with statistical process control and Design of Experiments methods
- Experience with application of 6-Sigma methods
- Demonstrated technical expertise in process improvement, measurement, characterization or ceramics processing.
- Self-starter, able to function with a high level of independence
- Communicates effectively in writing and in a group setting
- Interpersonal skills – open, engaging, enables others
- Ability to perform in team or matrix environment
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}