Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
Scope of Position:
The technician will help with project work to arrive at the root causes of problems, improvements to products through batch composition changes, implementation of new batch compositions and development of new characterization techniques of materials and products as needed.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Coordinating experiment activities
- Coordinating sample submissions
- Preparing samples for submissions
- Measuring raw material characteristics and properties
- Measuring product characteristics and properties
- Loading and unloading samples for firing
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for characterization techniques developed
- Leading and participating in gage R&R studies
Role Within Group:
- The technician will work with an engineer and project teams who together will decide on the best course of action to take.
- Often an experiment will be written by the engineer and the technician will help coordinate the activities needed to complete the plan.
Travel Requirements: None
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 8AM to 5PM with occasional off hour experiment coverage
Education and Experience: AS or BS in Engineering (Materials preferred) or 5 yrs. of manufacturing or laboratory experience
- Excel/word knowledgeable
- Data analysis of experimental results (charts, summaries)
- Coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate with people across multiple departments
- Capable of learning a procedure and operating equipment with precision
- Raw material experience
- Extrusion experience
- Firing experience
- Statistical software (ex- Minitab)
- Prior experience with characterization techniques (ex- Laser gage, density, rheometer)
- Familiarity with Designs Of Experiments (DOEs)
- Communicate ideas effectively
- Detailed oriented
- Quality focused
- Seeks out work
- Technical Curiosity
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}