Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
• Responsible for the ordering and shipment of all materials, including timely receipt of materials at the designated recipient location.(SS & Bus)
• Assists with the overall planning, implementation, and optimization of all activities and support required for the buying and delivery of products and services, from material/service acquisition through delivery.
• Primary areas include procurement and transportation, supplier management, logistics operations, and process support.
• Good knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a limited understanding of the technical phases of the job. Implements standard procedures and proposes modifications to improve work flow.
• Recognizes when process is deviating from acceptable standards and can implement routine solutions to ensure return to standards.
• Obtains supervisory input to resolve new types of problems.
• General supervision with initial instruction on procedures.
• Gives periodic status reports in written and verbal formats.
• Detailed instructions given for new lines of work or special assignments.
• Errors can be detected and corrected with relatively minor effect on the organization.
• Contributions influence tasks and small project outcomes.
• Accuracy and reliability of work is important to utility of contributions.
• Contacts are typically with individuals within own organizations.
• Actively negotiates work assignments with peers.
• Occasionally contacts sources outside own organization to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Receive plant order requests, engage with engineering to identify correct designs, obtain supplier quotes, create requisition request
• Receive quote requests from plants, obtain supplier quotes, send to plants
• Receive project order requests, obtain supplier quotes, create requisition request
• Manage and track purchase orders
• Engage with engineering, logistics, transportation, procurement and cost control to resolve receiving, shipping and quality issues
• Create purchase order changes
• Monthly accounting reconciliation of inventory
Projects involved with:
• New ordering processes
• New inventory management system
Role within group:
• Logistics team member responsible for plant order requests
Travel Requirements: none
• Associate Degree (technical or non-technical)
• Accounting experience (1 year)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Two years’ experience in-lieu of degree
• Inventory management experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled