Purpose of Position:
The Product Coordinator assists the product managers and specialists to execute daily activities to achieve desired product line sales growth and profitability.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with the product manager, product specialists, supply chain, demand planning, CSRs, and sales to:
• Proactively monitor and manage customer fulfillment performance: undated orders, non-standard order multiples, sample and demo requests, part number assignment and price loading, backlog, inventory, quality, and other metrics.
• Collect and distribute standardized reports and key product line metrics.
• Conduct periodic review and initiates updated product collateral, including literature, specification sheets, videos, and standard procedures with guidance from the Product Specialist.
• Is knowledgeable on industry, customer, and regulatory standards and how their products perform against them.
• Coordinates information flow between PLM, Forecasting, Sales, Manufacturing, and other parties as needed.
• Participates in management of supply chain disruption issues as appropriate
• Participates in maximizing pricing availability by setting floor price, establishing pricing structure,
• Conducts product training for CSRs, sales, ES as required.
• Timeliness and accuracy of reports
• OTD and OCT (derived from Product Team Metrics)
• Pricing Request Cycle Time (minutes)
• Product Change Notification Cycle Time (days)
• Literature / Collateral Relevancy and Accuracy (feedbacks)
• Timely delivery of product samples and demos
• Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization.
• Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions.
• Is timely with information.
• Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
• Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
• Acts with customers in mind.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Knowledgeable about how the organization works
• Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
• Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures.
• Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done
• Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow.
Product / Process Knowledge:
• Knows product’s strengths and weaknesses in the customer environment and uses this knowledge to promote Corning’s products as the standard in customer projects.
• Maintains a technical understanding of the division’s products.
• Understands what attributes of the product line are most important to key customers and internally champions critical product enhancements that position Corning as the supplier of choice with these customers.
Data Gathering and Analytical Skills:
• Understands critical issues and implications of the product line strategy and secures requisite data and analyses to support well-informed day-to-day operations.
• Seeks information from multiple internal sources to define and quantify product-related issues.
• Recognizes important patterns, trends, or themes in information.
• Uses frameworks, models and checklists to ensure all aspects are checked or considered.
Experiences / Education:
• Associates degree OR min of 3 years equivalent Customer Service experience
• Computer Proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of Corning systems- SalesForce.com and SAP (doesn't need to be Cables related)
• Work experience in administrative and project roles
• Successful track record of continuous process/product improvement using defined methodology
• Successful track record in fast-paced work environment (taking initiative, working independently and handling multiple priorities)
• Able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.