Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Assist multiple Advance Manufacturing Technology (AMT) development groups and/or project teams to achieve critical deliverables by applying deep knowledge, experience, data, and statistical analyses to help shorten development, qualification, and/or process improvement cycles.
• Increase level of “day-one” quality, and aid in reducing Innovation Stage IV variability of process, product, and equipment of developed, deploying technologies.
• 10% typical, although certain project assignments may require more in future.
• B.S. Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 10 years’ experience in Optical Waveguide Manufacturing
• Knowledge of fiber optic manufacturing processes, equipment, manufacturing workflow systems and data systems a plus.
• Experience and effective use of Optical Communications development and qualification processes, fundamental understanding methodology, six-sigma DMAIC and DESIGN, and Manufacturing Quality Systems.
• Deep knowledge and broad use of various data analysis tools, methods, and systems, including but not limited to: SPC charting, JuMP, Brain Cube, and related tools.
• Experience working on various assignments as a matrix team member to satisfy and accomplish several project objectives.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled