Purpose of Position:
· Provide Systems level test and validation expertise for Wireless Telecom.
· Develop and manage a Telecom Wireless Test Systems Lab.
· Develop Systems Validation test plans, test procedures for Optical, RF and Telecom product lines and implement them at Manufacturing
· Provide sustaining support to Product Development, Process Engineering and Test Engineering during Manufacturing.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
· Plan, implement and sustain a Telecom Wireless Test Systems Facility encompassing hardware, software and systems equipment and capabilities.
· Develop and implement Test Plans & Specifications, Test Systems (ATE) and Test Software for Optical, Telecom and Commercial Electronics Product Lines.
· Develop and deploy scalable and sustainable Systems Validation Methods (Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Systems Acceptance Testing (SAT) etc.) using best in class methodology.
· Develop and deploy product reliability (ESS/HALT/HASS) testing, Cross Functionality Validation, Systems Integration and Homologation Tests.
· Monitor and implement Test and Validations at Manufacturing with test procedures and data reporting.
· Drive product and process improvement with feedback from Validations and Test.
· Identify gaps in manufacturing test capabilities and recommend and implement changes for improvement to enable systems level tests and validations.
· Enable software validations, regression testing, field upgrade support for Wireless product line.
· Support ongoing manufacturing, repair and field return activities.
· Establish a team to support the above responsibilities.
Travel and location of work
· Up to 30% travel. Includes travel to domestic and overseas locations.
· Position based out of the Corning, Keller, TX facility
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering or associated fields. Master’s degree or higher preferred.
· Minimum 10 years of experience in Telecommunications or Consumer Electronics Industry.
· Minimum of 5 years of combined experience in Optical, RF or Telecom Systems Validations and Test (SVT) development.
· Minimum 5 years of combined experience in developing and implementing Systems Specifications, Test Plans and Test Procedures.
· Through understanding of Telecom/ Wireless standards - Telecordia/Bellcore and ITU requirements.
· Hands-on experience in technologies such as MIMO, TDMA, GSM, iDEN, DAS,LTE, GigE, Network Elements Management (NMS), Element Management Systems (EMS), CRAFT interfaces etc.
· Hands-on experience in Test Software such as LabView, CVI, C++, VISA, AT Easy etc.
· Hands-on experience in developing and managing Test systems, Test Hardware & Software and Test Protocols.
· Leadership skills in developing and managing a systems test team.
· Effective communication and project facilitation skills.
· High initiative, self-motivation
· Flexibility to work in multinational matrix organization.
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;