Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code : 6810
Division : Parker Hannifin
Location : Lincolnshire IL US 60069
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Engineering, Manufacturing and Production
Compensation : From 59,000 To 78,000
Job Description :
The Hydraulic Cartridge Systems Division of Parker Hannifin Corporation has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer based in its Lincolnshire, IL facility.
Reports to the Operations Manager. Ensures maximum cost effectiveness and the reliability of manufacturing processes and workflow. Determines the methods and sequence of manufacturing operations for intricate and/or complex products and machine parts and assemblies; ensures products and processes meet customer quality requirements. Provides producibility input and manufacturing plans for product design or modification. Directly supervises maintenance team of two and manufacturing engineering team of two. Manages environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs.
- Evaluates complex manufacturing processes by conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from operators/production technicians.
- Develops complex manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; and conferring with equipment suppliers. Prepares written and graphical work instructions to communicate manufacturing requirements to production personnel.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical or high-impact areas of production. May lead special projects for a variety of products and processes.
- Frequent formal and informal customer interface to present program status, including analysis of product failure, probable cause, and corrective plan.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, equipment layout and establishing and implementing "design for manufacture and assembly" plans. Assures process control and reliability for broad areas of manufacturing that may include supplier base as appropriate.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements. Determines root cause of failures using statistical methods (e.g. design of experiment, statistical process control) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Recommends and implements changes to manufacturing processes by analyzing production, labor standards, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements. Performs program reviews of technical issues at supplier base or assist suppliers to initiate continuous improvement processes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements (e.g. environmental, building code, safety, etc.) by studying existing and new legislation, ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analysis. Analyzes, substantiates, and proposes changes in methods and materials with cost and quality impact.
- May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high-level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional (e.g. quality, design, or test engineering) or project team responsibilities.
Parker offers competitive, comprehensive salary and benefits packages. Based upon experience and performance, professional development and growth potential exists for rewarding career advancement opportunities.
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Job Requirements :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree (BS) in Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six years or more of increasingly responsible related experience. Society of Mechanical Engineering certification desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing and production engineering theories, principles, practices, techniques and concepts and broad knowledge of other related engineering areas and general business operations.
- Thorough knowledge of aerospace or similar industry products and ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement and lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques.
- May require thorough knowledge of process analysis review and statistical process control.
- General knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to manufacturing plants.
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to work effectively with CAD/CAM systems or other computer-aided manufacturing systems.
- Ability to apply drafting and related machining systems to make recommendations for improved productivity.
- Ability to work on a variety of technical problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs; solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical policies and recommend changes to procedures; effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management; respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Offer Relocation : No