Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
Scope of Position:
Involves determination of manufacturability of products and improved effectiveness and cost of production processes through determinations regarding: Methods, equipment, layout, workflow, time standards, capacity utilization, process/equipment improvements, and process control systems. May involve application of knowledge and methods for understanding physical phenomena to achieve specified characteristics and criteria for products and processes. Involves organizational health and safety management systems, procedures, and programs.
Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with the integrity of manufactured products and processes from an engineering standpoint, esp. design specifications, testing procedures, and minimum quality standards.
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. Areas of specialization include: design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies. May also be responsible for the unit's Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) project portfolio, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, DESGN, etc.) toward the achievement of division or plant strategic goals. In this role, would assist and coach belts and managers in project selection and implementation; and advise division/plant management and leaders on the use of Quality tools, methods and processes. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Minimal travel should be expected, dependent on project assignments.
- Typical travel requirement is 20% or less.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Typically 8 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday, some flex time is possible to support project assignments.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to work at all levels of the organization, continuously mentor, coach or teach
- Critical decision making skills, manage to SOP, trouble shoot and act under pressure
- Understands key financial measures of manufacturing success and effectiveness.
- Ability to drive to root cause analysis and direct Engineering solutions
- Ability to understand and own multiple areas in the plant in order to prioritize and assign work and resources
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a process or quality engineering role in manufacturing
- Successful and proven supervisory, team leader and/or section supervisor experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Performance Excellence Certified Green Belt.
- Experience with data collection and data analysis software and techniques, including Excel, MiniTab, Pi, Access, etc.
- Active Listener
- Demonstrates technical curiosity by asking questions and seeking deeper understanding of new technology or in areas of technical gaps.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Act Quickly and Decisively
- Ability to communicate in all directions effectively
- Understands and can explain to others how the latest technology can be applied to the achievement of the Unit/Division goals, and seeks and embraces new technology.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}