Purpose of Position:
Develop and Implement an Automated Test Environment for Telecom and Commercial Product Lines to support Global Contract Manufacturing (GCM) activities. Test software development and embedded code development will also be required.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
· Develop, implement, and maintain the test environment based on NI TestStand, Labwindows /CVI, and LabView.
· Support test development by creating shared libraries for common test functions.
· Develop and implement Test Hardware and Test Software for Optical, Telecom and Commercial Electronics Product Lines.
· Develop and deploy scalable and sustainable test hardware platforms and automated test equipment (ATE) using best in class methodology.
· Develop embedded code in support of test projects requiring Built in Self-Test (BIST).
· Provide support in RMA and FMA processes during manufacturing and post sales activities.
· Support product and process transfers by working closely with Technology, Division Engineering, and Contract Manufacturing Partners.
· Identify gaps in manufacturing test capabilities and recommend and implement changes for improvement.
Travel and location of work
· Up to 30% travel. Includes travel in domestic and overseas.
· Role based out of the Corning, Keller, TX facility
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Associated Discipline.
· Minimum 8 years’ hand-on experience in developing and implementing Test Software and Hardware platforms for Fiber Optic, Telecommunications or Consumer Electronics Industry.
· Minimum of 5 years of combined hands-on experience in customizing NI TestStand operator interfaces and process models with a good understanding of ActiveX.
· Minimum of 5 years of combined experience developing in C (Development Language) for embedded devices controllers.
· Demonstrated experience in PCBA Structural and Functional Testing.
· Demonstrated experience in FPGA, Microcontrollers and embedded device testing and programming
· Demonstrated experience in test database design and database interfaces and programming.
· Hands on experience in optical and optoelectronics measurements using GPIB, VISA, Test Automation, Test Gating and Test Databases.
· Minimum 3 years of combined experience in transferring and sustaining Test Platforms into Contract Manufacturing facilities.
· Strong communication skills and leadership skills.
· High initiative, self-motivation and ability to work in matrix organization.
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;