Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
Provide project and process leadership, mentoring, and management to MTE process engineering organization. Directly supervises s 8-12 engineers and/or technicians. Working supervisor - expected to lead / directly support critical projects at ~50%
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide timely inputs to workload planning and project prioritization processes
- Identify appropriate resources
- Recruit, hire, integrate and retain talent into the organization
- Assist employees with career planning
- Give regular feedback and conduct annual performance reviews
- Provide direction to contract employees
- Regular visits to project work sites
- Develop relationships with internal customers
- Interface with Business and/or Project Integrators
- Support execution of assigned Process Engineering initiatives - Use of Data Analytics, PPL, MEE, MPIW, MPL, etc.
- Assure a safe work place for employees (e.g. safety checklists, safety training, etc.)
- Actively participate in MTE events and diversity events
Travel Requirements: 10-20%, some international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Standard work schedule M-5 8, 5 with evening and weekend hours required to meet project needs as necessary
Required Education: BS in Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years process engineering experience.
- People management skills (people development, performance feedback, staffing, etc.)
- Project management skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Development of fundamental engineering skills in subordinates
- Management skills
- Knowledge of Corning's businesses
- Prior experience in a plant or division engineering group
- Strong internal Corning network
- Performance Excellence training - ideally, green belt or higher certification
- Basics of LEAN manufacturing
- Effective team leader
- Good oral and written communication skills with employees, customers, and MTE leadership
- Able to motivate and develop people
- Negotiation skills
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}