Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Scope of Position:
The Supply Planner position is a key role within the Corning Fairport Supply Chain. An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems is highly desired. Excellent organizational skills, the ability to balance immediate / long term priorities and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving / improving / exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the Supply Chain.
- Plan finished goods / component material supply from manufacturing departments.
- Plan and communicate procurement of components from contract manufacturers and external suppliers.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with Operations, Contract Manufacturers and Procurement to confirm production / shipping schedules and monitor open orders to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues.
- Maintain and monitor Master Data; revise essential system planning data to ensure MRP system is effectively planning future requirements.
- Participate and contribute to monthly S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process.
- Coordinate inventory planning and replenishment of raw materials, components, and finished goods.
- Daily coordination with Operations team to set production priorities.
- Facilitate daily shortage meetings as required.
- Creation and date sequencing of production orders.
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) meetings as required.
- Participate in Engineering Change Control process and maintain current drawing revision level in ERP system.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
- Minimum of 0-3 years Supply Chain Planning experience required
- BA/BS is required, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of ERP systems or planning software applications
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- APICS CPIM / CSCP certification or certification in progress preferable
- Able to work in a team environment
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;