Purpose of Position:
- The Systems Engineer is most commonly involved in projects that require providing technical information, matching products to applications, and developing engineering solution options.
- Technical support provided will be integrated with commercial sensitivities to achieve a technically sound customer response and to optimize business relationships.
- This position will require utilization of both applications and systems engineering disciplines to achieve desired objectives.
- In the course of project support, this individual must formulate technical recommendations related to the release of new or modified products.
- These recommendations must be based on a clear understanding of both the factual data and the customer’s requirements.
- The SE will establish technical positions and recommendations by integrating this information with project priorities and published standardization documents.
- This information must be clearly communicated to the appropriate sales and commercial marketing personnel to properly assess the commercial impact.
- This individual must be capable of identifying potential issues as well as formulate options to resolve these same issues.
- The technical position and recommendations provided may create operational issues such as delaying product conversion; therefore, thorough and accurate assessments are vitally important.
- This individual will have multiple peers who share similar responsibilities.
- Many responsibilities are shared with all members of the group (system design); while several specific roles may dictate collateral duties for specific individuals (MDU, FTTB, Central Switch Center, LAN, Data Center, etc.).
- Other special assignments are assigned to individuals based on demand, work-load, priority, and experience.
- It is the responsibility of the SE to accompany Sales and Commercial Marketing representatives on customer calls, when appropriate, and to address pertinent technical issues.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 4 year degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 2-3 years' experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Proficiency with current desktop computer software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, operate in a fast-paced multi-task environment, and effectively manage competing time requirements
- Project management skills with complementary analytical problem solving ability
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical and commercial data from multiple sources and consolidate these into a comprehensive technical position
- 100% proficiency in English, written and verbal
- Ability to communicate complex technical principles to all experience levels (novice to subject matter expert)
- Proficiency in Spanish language, both written and verbal, is a strong plus
- Experience with computer aided drafting (CAD)
- Development or manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Passive Optical Network products (FTTx, LAN, Data Center) and how they are utilized in Access networks
- Field experience with fiber optic products (FTTx, LAN, Data Center)
- Commercial awareness and how it interacts with technical aspects in support of customer inquiries
- 1+ years of experience with Optical Communication Networks is required for consideration
- Knowledge of basic optical fiber theory
- Proficient presentation skills using visual aids as required
- Comfortable working with all organizational levels
- Confident interacting with internal and external customers
- Up to 25% travel, including some international travel, is expected to be a part of this job. Travel is related to Sales/Marketing support & external training classes.
- Occasionally, weekend travel is required.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}