Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Purpose of Position
The Wilmington Operations Technology Receiver will lead the transfer of new technology into operations within all plant process areas. The position will report to the draw and downstream operations department head. This position will be responsible for the safety, quality, and performance metrics associated with new process and equipment transfers. He/she will work with plant and project teams to ensure budget performance is achieved.
- Lead new technology transfer of processes and equipment into plant operations.
- Actively engage in safety evaluations of new equipment to ensure safe performance.
- Develop and track performance metrics related to new process / equipment integration. Provide accountability and trend analysis of key metrics and implement response plans.
- Coordinate transfer activities among multiple plant and project teams in a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- Manage training among operators, technicians, and MET.
- Utilize process engineering skills to identify gaps in actual vs. budget performance of new technology. Ensure ownership and work with plant and project teams to drive closure.
- Interface daily with production teams to monitor and correct performance issues.
- Ensure equipment and process qualifications are complete.
- Ensure all production and maintenance documentation is completed such as SOS, SOP's, PM's, and calibration.
- Solve process issues through data analysis, experimentation, and collaboration with subject matter experts.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Monday – Friday; 40+ hrs per week
- Weekend / Off hours support as necessary to support 24/7 manufacturing activities
- BS in Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Strong people skills. Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions.
- Must be well organized and capable of handling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Must be results oriented, self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills. Able to clearly define objectives and communicate action plans.
- Experience working with production teams.
- Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong technical fundamentals with process engineering skills.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;