0.5 Science Lecturer (Higher Education)
City College Brighton and Hove
We are seeking to recruit a Lecturer in Science to teach a range of modules on the College's Foundation Degree in Biological Sciences. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly effective and well-qualified teacher to contribute to the delivery and future development of this key subject area for the College. In addition to teaching, the post holder will contribute to student assessment and project supervision, quality assurance, and new course development activity.
The role requires a high level of academic knowledge and experience in the subject area, along with a relevant degree and/or professional qualification. Candidates will have relevant teaching experience at Higher Education level, along with a teaching qualification or a willingness to obtain one.
Allocation of teaching responsibilities will depend upon subject specialism, but we are particularly seeking candidates with expertise in the following areas: cell biology, human physiology, immunology, laboratory skills, plant technology.
- High level of professional knowledge, experience and understanding in the subject areas outlined above
- Teaching experience at higher education level
- Degree and/ or appropriate professional qualification in a relevant area
- A teaching qualification or willingness to obtain one.
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum Grade C) or equivalent or willingness to gain
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team to oversee the planning, delivery and assessment of higher education modules
Applications close 9am, 26th May.