Administrative Assistant (part-time)
We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to join the Research Office at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) located on the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
The post-holder will be involved in a range of administrative areas within the EBI, duties will include:
• Providing administrative assistance to the Research Groups at the EMBL-EBI
• Arranging complex travel plans (incl. for visitors) and other administrative tasks for Research
Group Leaders (rgl) and Admin members as required
• Assisting visitors of the Research Groups
• Assisting the Research Office - Administrative Officer with the coordination of logistics for research
meetings such as studentship interviews, group retreats, presentation days (e.g. PhD student
presentation day, EBI/Sanger Research Day), EBI/Sanger Internal Seminars, open days and PhD
student training workshops etc.
• Assisting the Administrative Officer in respect of PhD student affairs in relation to University of
Cambridge, including CAMGRAD and student reports, Board of Graduate studies links, School of
Biological Studies links, approved Non-University Institute status, University fellowship
applications, TOEFL requirements, University fees & registration, thesis submission, deferrals,
• Processing reimbursement claims for Research Groups
• Organising the EBI seminar programmes
• Providing absence cover for colleague in Administration as required
• Any other administrative duties as required by the Head of Administration and the Administrative
Officer, Research Office.
The EBI, part of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), is a world-leading bioinformatics centre providing biological data to the scientific community with expertise in data storage, analysis and representation.
Closing Date: 5 June 2011