Department of Science & Technology, (SEED), New Delhi
Coordinated by MACS - Agharkar Research Institute,
G.G.AGARKAR ROAD, PUNE – 411004
The Fellowship Scheme for Women Scientists for societal programmes is initiative of the Department of Science & Technology. This scheme is addressed to women scientists and technologists who have “break in their careers” due to social responsibilities but have desire to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists. Women scientists desiring to apply for this scheme are required to develop their own research project/ proposals demonstrating science and technological applications for societal benefits.
Who Can Apply - Women scientist
1. Who are Indian nationals living in India,
2. Who have break in career after the last degree received for at least three years, Who are currently not employed in permanent position,
3. Whose age is below 60 years at the time of applying.
4. Who possess one of the following qualifications
5. Ph.D. or masters degree in science OR
6. Bachelors/ master’s degree in engineering / technology, architecture, medicine / pharmacy / Veterinary
Duration of Fellowship: The scholarship will be given initially for duration of two years. The period may be extended to the third year in exceptional cases, if recommended by Experts during periodic reviews.
The last date for receiving the application is 30th April 2011.