Research Officer - Veterinary Herd Health Scientist
Location: Animal & Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Moorepark, fermoy Co. Cork.
Reporting to: Head of Department- Animal Bioscience
Due to the nature of this project, the exact duration of employment is incapable of precise ascertainment. It is anticipated, however, that the appointment will be for an indicative duration of 24 months. The indicative duration may be impacted where there are delays prior to appointment or where the project ends early or ceases for whatever reason including but not limited to withdrawal or expiry of the sanction for this post, withdrawal or termination of funding by the funding agency or otherwise at any stage during the life of the project. The Appointment will be on a contract basis and will be subject to and conditional upon a signed employment agreement.
A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies may be filled.
Basic Function: To develop, lead and implement an integrated dairy herd health programme with particular emphasis on:
- Benchmark the occurrence of infectious diseases in Irish dairy herds
- Diagnostic tools to assess herd health
- Protocol development of a herd health programme
- Implementation of HACCP herd programmes
- Economic analysis of infectious diseases
- Candidates must have an Honours level 8 degree in veterinary medicine or other related discipline.
Applications should be made on-line through www.publicjobs.ie. Candidates must register their details prior to applying. Application forms cannot be accepted after the closing date.
Deadline: Sunday, 15th May 2011.