Cenix BioScience (www.cenix.com) is completing its 13th year as a mature, fully self-sufficient biotech company specializing in cell-based and in vivo contract research services, as well as technology development, to advance therapeutic drug discovery in a wide range of disease areas.
We carry out complex, highly customized contract research projects, including high throughput/high content screening studies using RNAi, miRNA modulation and compound treatments combined with advanced genomics to drive a wide range of preclinical work including target discovery & validation, lead compound identification & optimization, drug mechanism of action analyses, predictive toxicology and biomarker identification for both industry and academic partners. We also actively develop novel reagent technologies to further refine and broaden experimental capabilities in this field. We have assembled a highly multi-disciplinary and international team working in Dresden, Germany, Minneapolis, MN, USA and in our subsidiary located on the campus of our collaboration partner, Janssen Pharmaceutica, in Beerse, Belgium.
We are now looking to fill the following position in Beerse, Belgium with a highly skilled, highly motivated individual to help drive our ongoing development and future commercialization of a groundbreaking, proprietary new drug delivery technology:
Peptide Chemistry, Purification & Analytics
(Pos. code: RS-PCP)
- Participate, alongside a conjugation chemist, in the production of macromolecular assemblies destined for preclinical testing in cultured cells and live animals, combining proteins, peptides, nucleic acids and other components,
- Design and implement innovative strategies focusing primarily on peptide chemistry, construct purification and analytics, carrying out all steps of data generation, documenting, processing and reporting through both written and verbal presentations,
- Work within a dynamic, inter-disciplinary project-based team structure.
But first, you need:
- PhD with > 3 years of postdoctoral research experience with peptide and/or protein chemistry, bio-conjugate purification and analysis thereof,
- Proficient knowledge and extensive experience with various HPLC and FPLC purification methods for both analytical and preparative purposes, including both IEX and SEC purifications, as well as analysis methods including ESI-MS approaches are highly preferred,
- High attention to detail, self-motivation, initiative and internal drive with highly collaborative “team player” instincts and strong communication skills in interdisciplinary situations.
Cenix offers competitive salaries and a dynamic, results-oriented yet informal working environment. Our company working language is English, and therefore, all staff must be completely fluent.
If you are interested, please email a complete C.V. in English with 2 references or alternatively, referee contact details, quoting the above position code to: ?firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: December 31, 2012