Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
- Provide support to the Senior Communications Specialist for the Global Information Security (GIS) communications program
- Support execution of annual communications strategy on a global and regional scale, as well as for internal and possible external use
- Research, write, interview and edit for communications projects
- Contribute to content development and visual presentation of information
- Create accurate, effective, and consistent messaging for organization leaders for use in meetings, presentations and initiatives
- Ensure accurate and consistent communications across all stakeholder organizations, to include IT, Cyber Security, GIS, and Crisis Communications
- Utilize and maintain current and emerging communications channels on behalf of GIS, including Corning World, corporate intranet, Corning World Television, the Blue Line, etc.)
- Manage and maintain Information Security Basics training module (all global languages); supplement and develop follow-up vignettes for each of the nine (9) I/S behaviors for global employees
- Develop network of Information Security communication professionals via relevant channels and events
- Work with vendors to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Work closely with and the support senior communications specialist in dealings with Corporate Communications department and internal security clients
- Ensure client needs are met
- Be a member of the Employee Communications team and contribute creative ideas to advance the team’s goals and ensure that the direct-report specialist is a contributing team member
- Support special projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field. Minimum one year industry experience or an internship that provided significant communications experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with online and social media tools
- Basic project management skills
- Work well under pressure with ability to adapt to changing requirements and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated work ethic and commitment to outstanding work
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working on a variety of projects
- Familiarity with technology tools and a willingness to learn more in this area
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well within in a team
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse employee group and across many levels of the organization
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}