Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Yoh has a contract opportunity for an IT- Quality Assurance Analyst to join our client in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The Senior QA Automation Engineer builds and maintains Automation Scripts to support the clients systems and applications and uses this knowledge to develop and execute test strategies that fully exercise system functionality.
- Completes test preparation and test execution tasks as assigned by QA Manager.
- Designs and implements automation solutions based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications.
- Maps automation test cases to requirements or functional test cases to ensure complete test coverage
- Identifies test data requirements and generates required test data
- Prioritizes test cases taking into account business priorities, risk, and
- Executes Automated Functional, Regression, and System testing for primarily web-based applications
- Reports software defects and shepherds them through the defect life cycle to closure
- Reports test progress and quality status to project stakeholders Participates in project release efforts ranging in scope from small to very large
- Serves as a technology ambassador for automation and efficiency solutions
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Automation Test Library in one or more areas of our applications, typically of moderate to high complexity
- Works with peers in test, development, data center and other organizations to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature
- Participates in and occasionally leads process improvement efforts within QA and the larger technology organization
- Follows all best practices in software project execution
- Maintains Automation and test case management tool for assigned areas of test suite ownership
- Configures test environments as necessary to support test efforts.
- Recommends improvements in Automation strategies, software and process
- Typically requires a B.S. in Computer Science and four plus (4) years experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, e.g., M.S. degree plus two (2) years experience
- Significant experience three plus (3) Automation testing of web-based applications
- Minimum of two (2) years prior programming/scripting experience with Selenium or VBScript or other QA automation language
- Experience with designing, developing and the execution of reusable and maintainable automated scripts
- Solid understanding of Windows-based systems, internet technologies, and SQL
- Demonstrated experience with industry standard Quality Assurance methodologies and their practical application.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of the defect life-cycle process and industry standard defect tracking tools.
- Experience with HP Quality Center and Quick Test Pro
- Experience with Load Testing and Quality Center's Performance Center a plus
- Proficient in GUI design standards
- Understanding of Formalized QA Product Risk Analysis and Techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where resourcefulness,
determination, and strong problem-solving skills are necessary for success
- Positive attitude and the ability to complete assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- QA experience with financial applications is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to discourse with Application Development
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn more about our company.
If you are seeking workforce solutions in the IT sector, see our comprehensive IT Staffing Resources.
Deadline: Contact employer