Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
- Be a key IMS design and development lead for manufacturing projects
- Interface, as required, with various vendors during the Design, Development and Deployment phases of projects
- Participate in the Testing and Startup phases at the customer sites
- Develop into a Subject Matter Expert for certain key IMS technologies
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Software Developer for IMS(Integrated Manufacturing Systems) projects and Integration of MES systems with manufacturing control and business systems projects at Corning Manufacturing Facilities world wide.
- MES systems are defined as the systems which bridge the gap between the real-time control of the manufacturing process and the business systems. (e.g. defect collection, production reporting, recipe management, maintenance management and product measurements.)
- Responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software programs
- Thoroughly follow structured Software Development practices to ensure fast and efficient systems completion
- When required, provide direction and project level supervision of both internal and external systems development resources
- Develop excellent process understanding of Corning’s manufacturing processes in order to better understand the customer’s requirements
- This is a functional position that requires strong technical curiosity, strong leadership skills, the ability to train others and the ability to interact with various levels of the organization.
Travel Requirements: 25% - 40% travel - typically of short duration 1-2 weeks but extended project work sometimes (rarely) occurs with durations of 1 to 3 months.
Required Education: Minimum of BS Computer Science or Software Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 5-10 years of demonstrated technical expertise
- 5+ years of experience with MES products.
- Strong programmer/Computer Science background:
- Strong knowledge of WWW technologies e.g. SOAP, HTTP/S protocols
- Database experience with Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience in Technical capacity of IMS/MES Projects (Scoping, Requirements, Design,
- Development and Deployment)
- Experience interacting with various levels of the organization
- Experience in following a structured software development process
- Ability to create and present project related material in front of the Customer/Receiver
- Application Design and Development using CAMSTAR (InSite Designer, Web Designer)
- Some experience working with Business expansion/new plant construction projects
- Supervisory experience of contract resources
- Technical experience with software messaging tools and techniques
- Ability to communicate with the Customer both from an Engineering and I/T requirements perspective
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Leadership and other team members
- Must be a team player (and resolve issues in consultation with other team members)
- Flexible with respect to travel to international sites
- Knowledge of Chinese or Japanese language is beneficial.
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}