Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
- Design and integrate PLC based process and automation controls into robust manufacturing environment.
- Develop capability in manufacturing systems for seamless part tracking and data analysis from PLC to MES & ERP.
- Coordinate with project managers to development and implementation control systems with state-of-the-art manufacturing capacity.
- Dramatically advance productivity gains through control software / hardware design implementations.
- Collect and interpret control project needs from a variety of sources
- Development and deploy process and automation controls on global scale
- Development of custom PLC to instrumentation drivers.
- Expand the Corning Incorporated manufacturing process knowledge base
- Design complete systems to control stability of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, mechanical, motion, chemical, robotics, power, molecular structure, multi-state physics, and electromechanical systems.
- Test validity of solutions that use traditional and advanced control.
- Transfer control engineering design knowledge to operations by providing the tools, training, information, and other essential skills to the plant engineers.
- Prepare, present and publish technical papers in public forums to advance personal technical reputation and Corning Incorporated
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement innovative control system design to solve significant processing and material handling opportunities for Corning Incorporated. Focus will be on the design, commissioning and start-up of new equipment into batching, melting, draw, extruding, firing, finishing, and material handling.
Required Education: MS in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required.
- Integrate embedded real time control to mimic natural motion and harmonics into control solution.
- PLC and IEC base programming structure including ladder logic, function blocks, structured text, and sequential flowchart.
- Experience with PID and advanced control implementation.
- Problem solving skills.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}