Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Hands-on on involvement with the design, development, and implementation of measurement equipment and techniques that support manufacturing and product development
- Provide technical leadership and coordination with team members and equipment suppliers with system builds and factory installations
- Identify and resolve gaps between attribute and technology roadmaps and existing measurement capability
- Work with scientists, researchers, and/or suppliers to understand first principles of systems and processes and develop improvements or enhancements to meet business needs
- Use statistical tools and designed experiments (DOE) in process problem solving and process improvement
- Support new product introductions through equipment design, installation, process certification, documentation and training.
- Assure safety of operators and equipment through compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Execute cost reduction and improvement (DMAIC) projects in line with business objectives.
- Provide day-to-day problem solving support to production, development and research operations.
- Understand Corning's Intellectual property management processes and follow that process in documenting any intellectual property developed as part of a project
Role within group:
- Work in focused, cross functional teams to solve difficult technical, engineering related problems for manufacturing and development
- Function as a technical team member or team leader on multiple projects.
- Technology owner for measurement system(s), responsibilities include:
- Assure quality and repeatability of a measurement process and product attribute resolution
- Technology transfer to domestic and international manufacturing plants
- Provide equipment understanding and apply with process understanding to integrate with manufacturing
- Drive requirements for mechanical, electrical and software specifications of systems
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in problem solving
- Manage equipment supplier(s) to ensure performance and schedule
- Knowledge expert, responsible for transfer of technology and skills to engineers, operators and trades personnel on equipment and processes.
- Technology receiver for Development. Provide key link on measurement systems from early stage into manufacturing.
- Support the development and execution of plans to evaluate new technology or improvements in existing technology resulting in a superior product in terms of quality and/or cost
Travel: 25-40% travel, including international, required for this position
- Required to sign a Covenant Not to Compete
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent technical experience (exceptional case)
- Track record of delivering results
- Demonstrated knowledge in a technical field
- Project team membership
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Moderate Programming capability in either VB.Net or C#
- Hands on experience with equipment installation
- Solid understanding of statistical methods / analysis of systems
- Data retrieval, plotting and analysis (primarily using Microsoft Excel)
- Strong process, systems and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of measurement technology and testing methods
- Experience working with outside suppliers and machine integrators
- Experience in measurement system design
- Vision and free space optics understanding
- Software architecture and development experience in either VB.Net, C# or C++
- PLC programming
- Experience with international travel
- Manufacturing Support or Operations
- Green Belt Certification
- Project Team Leadership
- Able to handle multi-functional responsibility
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Ability to work among a diverse group
- Can work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}