The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN) was founded in January 1997 in response to the Barcelona Declaration of November 1995 and the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP). It is the coordinating body of about eighty human rights organisations and institutions as well as individuals from over thirty countries in the region. Rooted in civil society the EMHRN seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships between NGOs in the Euro Med region, i.e. networking aimed at strengthening the capacity of members to act and interact within the context of the region and the Barcelona process and other EU-Arab cooperation frameworks. The Brussels’ office advocates for human rights with the EU institutions and within the framework of the Barcelona Process and European Neighbourhood Policy.
Read more about the network at: www.euromedrights.net
The EMHRN Brussels office offers an internship for a period of 6 months, starting March 2011.
A small internships allowance might be possible (reimbursement of expenses).
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of the EMHRN, especially its advocacy and communication/media actions in Brussels. It consists of administrative support and assistance in the following areas:
- Monitoring EU, EMP and ENP human rights aspects;
- Communication with EMHRN members, EU institutions, media, international NGOs and partners;
- Carry out research, draft papers;
- Support to on going projects and activities of the Brussels office;
- Updating contacts’ database;
- Filing, drafting correspondence, translating, proofreading, organization of meetings and travels.
- Interest in human rights issues and the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- Knowledge of EU policies and institutions;
- Fluent written and oral of at least 2 of the following languages: French, English and Arabic ;
- Strong IT Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data-base);
- Knowledge of communication and media work is an asset;
- The interns should be self-motivated, well organized and able to work fast;
If interested, please send your CV and covering letter to Mrs. Giustina BALDUCCI firstname.lastname@example.org by the 26/01/2011.