Responsible for achieving the Operating Plan for Biacore product groups for the specified New England geography in a manner that is consistent with business plans and company objectives. The role will be field based. The customer base will center on strong Bio analytical, Biophysical techniques and Molecular Interactions in academic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts.
Essential Responsibilities: Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Promote sales of GE Healthcare Research Science product lines, attaining and/or exceeding territory budgetary goals through sales success across key product areas.
- Promote customer satisfaction by providing quotes, service information, answering inquiries, investigating complaints, managing orders and taking immediate appropriate action, and providing after-sales support utilizing all available resources.
- Support and work with Account Managers for the pre-and post-sales activities.
- Build appropriate tactics together with Account Managers.
- Interact with Field Application Scientists to coordinate technical presentations, POP?s, demonstrations etc.
- Will work with Regional Sales Directors, Modality & Field Applications team to set product knowledge expectations for Account Managers.
- Prospect and unlock opportunities to grow sales on targeted accounts and territories.
- Coaching to improve overall knowledge of Complex sales process
- Will help develop necessary sales training for Account Managers to meet product knowledge requirements
- Communicate best practices, sales success and assist in training and coaching Life Sciences team members as requested by the Business Unit Manager or Regional Sales Director.
- Maintain customer database, accurate quarterly forecasting and opportunity management.
- Conduct presentations to potential customers and implement local user group meetings within territory.
- Participate in conferences, tradeshows, and seminar series as Biacore Sales Specialist
- Develop specific account strategies, account portfolios, and territory business plans by routinely working with high level decision makers in customer organizations and their colleagues selling and supporting other product portfolios. Actively adjust plan to meet local dynamic situations.
- Attention to administrative responsibilities: Monthly reports, expenses, forecasting, yearly reviews, call database updates, opportunity details and other operational requirements.
- Manage sales by maintaining appropriate databases and generating quotes to customers.
- Develop new accounts and customers utilizing available resources.
- Willing and able to effectively work within a team selling environment and ongoing proper utilization of internal resources.
- Bachelor?s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering or other BS/BA with minimum 5 years of successful life science sales experience.
- Minimum of 5 years successful commercial experience performance that exceeded plan: Including but not limited to sales, marketing, technical support, field applications support.
- Experience in giving technical seminars and product demonstrations
- Demonstrated success making contacts at major biotechnology/pharmaceutical accounts
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Written and verbal English fluency
- This is a home office based sales position and as such the candidate must reside within the specified territory in order to support this role: New England, preferably in the local Boston area or surrounding suburbs.
- To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving records.
- This position requires covering the New England States. The majority of time will be spent in the field with about 20% overnight
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- MBA or PhD
- Sales Experience with biotechnology/pharmaceutical industries in Life Sciences research
- Experience desired in the selling or laboratory work involving molecular interactions, biophysical and bioanalytical techniques.
- Strong presentation skills
- Sales Training Experience: Commercial Selling Skills Training
- Self-Motivated, a team player and well organized
- Proven effective sales record in previous positions
- Direct employment in biotech or pharmaceutical research, production or process development environment
- The ability to comprehend the Company's technology and relate this information to others in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, plus experience of using these skills to participate in cross-functional teams
- Team lead experience supporting client accounts while leading internal team
- See more at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?p=p&jobsID=492361&jobtitle=Biacore%20Sales%20Specialist%20Job&submission=2