Scientific Officers – Genebank (2 Positions)
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for two positions of Scientific Officer – Genebank, to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. These are nationally recruited positions.
- Plan and organize germplasm characterization and evaluation, regeneration of both cultivated and wild species of pearl millet and pigeonpea;
- Plan field trials, crop management, supervision of field staff, data collection and analysis, documentation;
Assist the supervisors in conducting research experiments and preparing reports
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken);
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms- Office, data analysis);
- Data analysis using statistical packages;
Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
- M.Sc in Agriculture with Genetic Resources/Genetics and Plant Breeding or Botany.
3 years of experience. Candidates having experience of crops and genebank related activities preferred
General: The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 15 June 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 June 2012