Requisition ID 32063BR
Title Post-Doctoral Research Fellow: Antigenic Therapies (Contingent)
Job Category Research & Development
Job Description PURPOSE:
To assist antigen project teams in the Type 1 Diabetes Research Department at the Novo Nordisk Research Center with on-going in vivo study efforts & contribute to moving therapeutic development forward.
This effort will support late-stage research efforts and clinical trials to increase our understanding of immune modulators as therapeutics for Type 1 Diabetes. This position will be responsible for providing peer leadership and technical support in the laboratory for research experiments and data integrity.
The position will report to the Senior Manager of Animal & Human Research in T1D, & will be supervised by the Antigen Project Team leaders. They will be a contributing member to the Antigen Project Teams.
This position will interact with T1D team members and other research groups at NNRC, and external research collaborators. This person will also interact with Denmark-based colleagues to support global research projects.
* Work with rodent models of diabetes.
* Work with supervisor to perform basic data analyses and provide guidance to Research Associates.
* Perform proper record keeping to ensure data integrity of NNRC.
* Show evidence of increasing ability to correctly interpret data.
* Conduct ex vivo/in-vitro analyses of immune cell phenotype and function, using FACS, ELISPOT, T cell assays, Treg analysis and other in-vitro assays. Independent assay development required.
* Handle and process mouse samples to isolate immune cells.
* Draft reports & prepare presentation slides.
* Order lab supplies as needed and perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* Works with human and animal blood and tissue; works in a laboratory environment that may include hazardous chemicals and blood borne pathogens.
* Approximately 5% overnight travel
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Education Level: PhD in Immunology or other relevant research area, knowledge of molecular biology preferred.
* Experience Level: less than 3 years of post-degree experience required.
* Specific or technical job skills:
* Extensive experience with animal models required.
* Experience with subcutaneous, intramuscular, intraperitoneal, and intradermal injections preferred.
* Strong technical skills, including knowledge of immunology and experience working with animal blood, tissues and/or cells as well as proper handling of biohazard material required.
* Ability to work independently in an adaptive and highly collaborative team to develop and implement assays.
* Excellent written & oral communication skills.
* Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
* Computer proficiency, database management and the ability to learn new software programs.
* Excellent skills in collecting data and accurately maintaining laboratory notebooks.
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or email eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%4e%4e%49%44%69%73%61%62%69%6c%69%74%79%41%63%63%6f%6d%6d%6f%40%6e%6f%76%6f%6e%6f%72%64%69%73%6b%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%4e%4e%49%44%69%73%61%62%69%6c%69%74%79%41%63%63%6f%6d%6d%6f%40%6e%6f%76%6f%6e%6f%72%64%69%73%6b%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b')) with your request. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this email address. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request in the body of your email. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in your message. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Biology, Clinical Research, Database, Diabetes, Engineering, Healthcare, Immunology, Laboratory, Medical, Medical Research, Molecular Biology, R&D, Research, Science, Scientific, Special Medicine, Technical Support, Technology
- Apply at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/post-doctoral-research-fellow-antigenic-therapies-(contingent)-job/seattle-wa-11111-558844/?p=p&submissi