artificial brain cell-One step closer to an artificial nerve cell

pundir

Nov 16, 2015

Artificial brain cell --hope for curing devastating neurological diseases

Scientists at the Swedish medical university Karolinska Institutet and Linköping University are well on the way to creating the first artificial nerve cell that can communicate specifically with nerve cells in the body using neurotransmitters. The research is being carried out in collaboration between the research groups of Professor Agneta Richter-Dahlfors and Professor Barbara Canlon, together with Professor Magnus Berggren's group at Linköping University. The technology has been published in an article in Nature Materials.(www.nature.com/nmat/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nmat2494.html)

www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-07/ki-osc070709.php

www.physorg.com/news166109773.html

www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5771252/Scientists-create-artificial-brain-cell.html

for more details refer :

pavana

Nov 16, 2015

hi

i m new to this site nd please help me to get more information on this site and also about the topic you discussed

thank you

bye

pundir

Nov 16, 2015

Hi Pavana,

Welcome to the Forum dedicated for science, here you can post your ideas, thoughts, discuss and share your querries related to science , you will get the best responses at the earliest from our fellow SSI members,The Scientist Solutions Board contains 40 categories of scientific disciplines that are further divided into discussion forums. It is here in these forums you may interact with other scientists submitting questions, answers, comments, ideas, conducting polls and developing collaborative relationships. Scientist Solutions is a life sciences board run by scientists for scientists

for knowing more about Scientist solutions go to www.scientistsolutions.com/science-pages.aspx

the topic i discussed is about a current research done by research groups of Professor Agneta Richter-Dahlfors and Professor Barbara Canlon, together with Professor Magnus Berggren's group at Swedish medical university Karolinska Institutet and Linköping University which is published in an article in nature materials , which you can refer by clicking the links provided in my above post

good luck for your journey with SSI

TheFFM

Nov 16, 2015

Pundir

Do you have a personal opinion about this research - please comment further about why this article peaked your interest.

pavana

Nov 16, 2015

because its something about the generation of artficial nerve cells which can't be produce in human body once damaged and aslo opens wide areas to do research on cns disorders