Most Influential Living Scientist

natekarle

Nov 16, 2015
I came across an interesting comment/question posed in the "Humans In Science" blog, which I've reproduced below. I thought it might be interesting to see peoples' reactions.

Influential scientists

When my moms cousins husband saw me recently, he mentioned how he was positively in love with Lisa Randall, physicist extraordinaire, on the basis of a complimentary article that had appeared about her in the Guardian.

What makes me smile is that this article styles her as one of the most influential living scientists. Well, thats debatable, isnt it? She seems like a fantastic person and brilliant and all that, but can I entice yall out of the lurkers woodwork to cite some of your most influential living scientists"? (Besides, what does that word influential mean? Influencing whom? Colleagues in the field? Lay people?)

Heres a few of mine (in biology): Rita Levi-Montalcini. Doug Melton. Bob Horvitz. Jim Watson.
Also, theres definitely some national bias; in France, it would be Axel Kahn for sure.

If its influencing me, personally, as well as scores of other young women, let me cite Nicole Le Douarin, Jane Barker and Barbara Beltz.

To comment, the blog can be found here: http://humans.scienceboard.net/archives/2005/08/18/65/#comments

www.scienceboard.net

Jan 24, 2017

To numerous researchers and preservationists he is a legend, strongly standing up about what they trust should be finished. To others, he is detested. Yet, once more, he is known.

There are two or three patterns in the rundown above. Most outstandingly, only one of the researchers (Watson) has won a Nobel Prize. To achieve the most abnormal amounts of reputation in this day and age, it appears, a researcher must produce contention and additionally achievement.

Go to : custom essay writing service