Lilly is the 10th largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Lilly, we encourage you to review the following opportunity.
This position is within the Lead Optimization Team of Biotechnology Discovery Research, which is responsible for generating, characterizing, and optimizing biotherapeutics from lead generation to lead optimization and preclinical development. We are seeking a motivated and experienced associate scientist with a BS or MS degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biological sciences or related field, who exhibits a broad analytical aptitude and can function in a highly collaborative multidisciplinary team environment to perform characterization of proteins and peptides using state of the art liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS and LC-MS/MS) based techniques.
· Utilizing liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques to analyze proteins and peptides including antibodies and ADCs, to support drug discovery programs.
· Performing intact mass and peptide mapping analyses of proteins and peptides, and chemical stability samples using accurate mass LC-MS and LC-MS/MS methods including sample preparation, data acquisition and data processing with commercial and in-house developed software.
· Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometers and auxiliary instruments.
· Designing and performing experiments, reviewing and analyzing data, and independently interpreting experimental results for qualitative and/or quantitative analyses of degradation and Post Translational Modifications (PTMs) of proteins and peptide samples.
· Presenting experimental results at group/project team meetings
· BS or MS degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biological sciences or related disciplines.
· 5 plus years of relevant experience for BS candidates, or 1 or more years of relevant experience for MS candidates, as demonstrated by hands-on experience in protein and/or peptide mixture analyses with reverse phase HPLC-MS methods.
· Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
· Effective communication skills, both in written and verbal form to deliver clear and concise presentations; demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Hands-on LC-MS operation experience with e.g Waters Q-TOF and Thermo LTQ-Orbitrap LC-MS/MS systems.
· Pharmaceutical industry experience, e.g. 2-5 years of employment in an analytical R&D environment
· Experience using and developing various liquid chromatography methods such as ion exchange, size exclusion and affinity separation
· Knowledge of database search mechanisms for protein identification.
· Experience with N-terminal sequencing (automated Edman degradation), protein digestion, and gel electrophoresis
· Knowledge of protein chemistry including posttranslational modifications and degradation pathways.
· Understanding of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry methods in protein characterization and hands-on experience in intact mass analysis and peptide mapping of proteins by accurate mass LC-MS techniques
· Hands-on experience in protein primary structure and PTM characterization, and quantification by LC-MS and LC-MS/MS techniques
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;