At The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), the Novartis IT and Informatics group (NIBR IT) serves the global NIBR research community to provide the best of breed, bleeding edge informatics platforms as well as in-depth data analysis services. The members in this group have a chance to participate in groundbreaking medical research activities to re-define the grammar for medicine in the post-genome era.
This candidate will join a Scientific Informatics Systems Group, and work closely with scientists and software engineers to re-define the NIBR-wide informatics systems to meet the challenges from genomics-enabled drug discovery research. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated team player with a strong understanding of genomics, as well as data management and analysis needs associated with large scale biology research. This person should have proven record of building effective tools for scientists in a research environment. The candidate will be expected to work as a team member and/or leading a team to deliver solutions to support NIBR?s biology and genomics research.
* Actively work with scientists in disease areas to communicate with scientists effectively and understand their needs
* Define proper informatics solution(s) to address the scientific needs
* Work with internal and/or external software teams to design proper solutions to meet scientists? needs
* Serve as a key expert analyst to guide the engineering team to design proper data standards, data models and analysis tools to serve NIBR-wide informatics needs
* Work effectively with different Informatics and IT groups globally to ensure that solutions are effectively and efficiently implemented
Ph.D. /M.S. in biology and/or an advanced degree in computer science
At least 5 years experience within a bioinformatics group in a biotech or pharmaceutical research environment
In-depth knowledge of genomic biology and related disciplines
Extensive knowledge in the wide range of biological research processes, and data management tools/ applications used in biological research, especially genomic research
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with people with various backgrounds and of being an effective translator between scientists and software engineers
Good understanding and practical experience in the fundamentals of software engineering
Solid understanding of relational databases and familiarity with Oracle and/or SQL server
Familiarity with web development technologies, such as .NET and Java.
To apply for this position please follow th elink below:
http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_category.aspx?searchjobsub=1&jobsID=430780&jobtitle=Bioinformatics Analyst, NIBR IT