Computational Biologist/ Bioinformaticist job at Univ of Nice, France
The Laboratory of Biology and Pathology of Genomes is a new research department at the Faculty of Medicine of University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis dedicated to the study of genome plasticity in cancer and aging. We are recruiting two highly motivated Computational Biologist/ Bioinformaticist to analyze high-throughput sequencing data (ChIP-seq, structural variation, resequencing, RNA-seq).
The work includes both the automation of third-party software, as well as code development to implement dedicated tools and statistical tests. The candidate will generate reports to summarize these results and store them in a database. In addition, he or she will regularly communicate research findings to other scientists.
- Applicants must have a Master or PhD degree in bioinformatics or computer science.
- Bachelor degree will also be considered if you have relevant project experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated programming skills in scripting languages (such as Perl) and in relational database management systems (such as PHP-MySQL) are required, as well as a solid understanding of statistical methods.
- Familiarity with Unix-based environment and with other programming languages is also necessary. The applicant must demonstrate excellent communication skills and resourcefulness in working independently.
- The ideal applicant has at least 1 or 2 year(s) of research experience with sequence analyses and genomic databases.
How to Apply
- To apply for these positions, please provide a cover letter, a CV (including a description of previous achievements and programs) and the names of 3 references to Gael Cristofari (Gael.Cristofari@unice.fr).