YOU are highly motivated and always committed to deliver the best quality. You encourage collaboration and enjoy working in a team. You are passionate individual who likes creative and international work environments.
The successful candidate will join the Biological Systems Research Unit of Philip Morris Products S.A. in Neuchâtel, Switzerland and will play a major role in the processing and analysis of large scale data sets from various post genomic technologies and their applications in biomarker discovery. He/she will also have responsibility for establishing and maintaining analysis pipelines geared toward the identification of disease signature genes, proteins and pathways from experimental system response profiles. He/she will have the opportunity to apply and when necessary develop methods for systems wide analysis of data from various mass-spectrometry experiments, as well as design biological experiments using proteomics techniques.
Specifically, you will:
• Establish innovative computational analysis for identification of deregulated pathways in various disease states.
• Provide analysis of large scale systems toxicology data (genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics).
• Apply machine learning and statistical algorithms to study time series expression experiments and to combine high throughput biological data sources to model biological disease networks.
• Function as a member of a multidisciplinary team which executes scientifically and technically challenging projects.
• Have a strong interest in collaborating with experimentalists to elucidate biological mechanisms
• PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, mathematics or related field
• Academic or industrial experience in bioinformatics with focus on integrated analysis of biological systems (gene/protein expression data, array CGH, M
• You are skilled in the application of computational biology tools and techniques with focus on novel algorithms for integrative omics analysis in cancer research
• You have demonstrated ability to manage and interpret large biological data sets
• Good programming skills in Perl, C/C++,or Java , you have also solid expertise in R/Bioconductor, or Matlab
• You are a great team player with an excellent communication skills
• Fluency in English is a must
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be part of the PMI Research & Development Department, whose primary mission is to research and develop new products which may have the potential to reduce the risks of smoking related diseases.
You will benefit from our dynamic team of professionals, working in a multicultural environment.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as relocation allowance (where appropriate).
WHO WE ARE
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 international brands, including Marlboro, the number one cigarette brand worldwide. Developing products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases is one of our top priorities.
PMI’s products are sold in more than 180 countries. In 2012, the company held an estimated 16.3% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.8% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. For more information, see www.pmi.com.
Want to discover your potential? Come join our team!
If you match our profile and you are interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals, please reply online.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
Deadline: June 07, 2013