Avacta Group plc is a healthcare technology and consumables company providing proprietary analytical and diagnostics solutions to the life science sectors. As part of new programmes of affinity reagent development for a wide range of applications, including human healthcare, Avacta is seeking to fill a number of scientific and technical posts
Building on our existing Affimer array products and processes, you will facilitate the design and analysis of Affimer microarrays; enable the interpretation of microarray results through network and pathway analysis and be actively involved in wet-lab experiments. Beyond your work with microarrays, you will also be required to help with the design of semi-randomised peptide libraries; to establish and curate sequence databases; and to support and interface with existing and developing LIMS requirements that cover our high-through-put protein expression facility. In addition to identifying and maintaining the necessary software and computing equipment, you will also have the flexibility to learn new techniques, allowing you to contribute fully to the work of the R&D as well as the customer facing Array Services teams. You will join a team of biological research scientists, and be expected to interact where appropriate with our existing team of software engineers.
- PhD in computer science, bio-informatics (or similar) with experience with microarray data or equivalent work experience, such as 3 years working in a microarray lab facility.
- Extensive experience of microarray data analysis and interpretation, using BlueFuse, DAVID or similar
- Some familiarity with database design and querying
- Familiarity with common scripting languages (Perl, Java etc)
- The ability to work efficiently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, professionalism, care, accuracy and reliability under pressure to resolve complex experimental issues.
- Good communication skills.
- A bold and innovative nature and a desire to be fully involved in driving the growth of the business.
- Extensive experience of bio-informatics and microarrays, supported by scripts, packages, references and/or publications.
- Ideally experience of wet-lab work, including preparation of samples for microarray analysis.
- Ideally some experience working with protein microarrays, although full training is available.
Salary: £30,000-35,000 - p.a. according to qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please send you cv and covering letter to eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%63%68%61%72%6c%6f%74%74%65%2e%68%61%72%74%6c%65%79%40%61%76%61%63%74%61%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%63%68%61%72%6c%6f%74%74%65%2e%68%61%72%74%6c%65%79%40%61%76%61%63%74%61%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))
Deadline: 14th June 2013