MOLECULAR MODELER-DATABASE MANAGER : Leuven, BELGIUM
Your responsibilities will mainly consist of modeling the interaction of small molecules with protein targets in various projects with the aim of discovering new medicines (“drug design”).
Additional to this you will be responsible for the expansion and support of a central database in which chemical and biological data will be collected and linked.
• You hold an academic master degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, Biomedical Sciences, Bio-engineering or equivalent and a PhD degree (possibly in molecular modeling).
• You have practical experience in molecular modelling, preferably in a company with drug discovery activities.
• You have a strong interest in scientific research and more specifically in research of new medicines;
• You are goal oriented and can handle deadlines and pressure;
• You are a team player who can operate independently, is quality oriented, working with accuracy and attention to order and purity; • You are communicative and fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset.
Employment contract of unlimited duration with test period. Competitive salary package.
Closing Date: December 31, 2011