Philip Morris International: Bioinformatician/ Computational Biologist position at Switzerland
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in approximately 160 countries. In 2009, the company held an estimated 15.4% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 26.0% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com
Who we are Looking for?
* YOU are highly motivated and committed to delivering top-quality work.
* You encourage collaboration and enjoy working as part of a dynamic team.
* You are a passionate individual who likes working in creative international work environments.
* The successful candidate will join the Computational Science & Bioinformatics (CS&B) team of Philip Morris Products S.A. in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
* You will play a major role in the analysis of large-scale data sets from various post-genomic technologies and their applications in biomarker discovery.
* Using newly developed software tools, you will study systems biology datasets to discover biological networks that differentiate normal and diseased states.
* Your scientific background and ability to critically review biological facts will be essential to developing a coherent synthesis of the biology being modeled.
Specifically, you will:
* Provide analysis of large scale array-based data (genomics, transcriptomics, protemics) to support the Computational Disease Biology team
* Apply and develop advanced technologies/ algorithms in the area of network biology and pathway mining
* Collaborate with experimental biologists and computational scientists to study systems biology datasets to discover biological networks differentiating normal and diseased states
* Have extensive experience in scientific writing and critical review skills for the production of concise, detailed project reports that represent a coherent synthesis of the biology of the experimental system.
* PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, physics, computer sciences, applied mathematics or another closely related field
* Previous experience working in disease pathways and network biology as well as experience in inflammation and cancer biology
* Broad expertise in computational biology with particular strength in –omics data analysis
* Demonstrated ability to manage and interpret large biological data sets.
* Fluency in English is a must
WHAT WE OFFER
* You will be part of the PMI Research & Development Department, whose primary mission is to research and develop new products which may have the potential to reduce the risks of tobacco-related diseases.
* You will benefit from our dynamic team of professionals, working in a multicultural environment.
* We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as relocation allowance (where appropriate).
Want to discover your potential? Come join our team!
If you matchA valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-17/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
our profile and you are interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals, please reply online at
For Further information and to apply online