QIAGEN is one of the world’s most successful biotech companies and has achieved outstanding growth in its industry. As a worldwide leading provider of innovative DNA, RNA, and protein purification technologies, and molecular testing solutions to the life science market and to diagnostic laboratories, we have consistently delivered impressive year-on-year revenue increases.
Main tasks of the position:
Applies computer technology to the management and analyses of genomic and biological information by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple in-house genome-wide databases to make sure that they are: 1) most up-to-date with the published databases; 2) integrated, consistent and cross-referable among themselves.
- Develop and test computer algorithms to identify gene-specific (or simply location specific on the genome scale) sequences that can be used as PCR primers or targets for siRNA knockdown.
- Develop tools and web interfaces that allow scientists to mine the databases for biological or pharmaceutical relevant and gene-centered information
- Provide bioinformatics related data analysis service and consulting service
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for: data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Write and maintain technical specifications and other documents
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to in-house database interface and software tool.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition to a High Performance Team culture, you'll enjoy:
- Pay for knowledge opportunities
- Annual incentive opportunities
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Prescription Drug Program
- 401(k) with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays / Vacation / Personal Time Off
And much, much, more
QIAGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer! M/F/D/V