Scientist - Computational proteomics
YOU are highly motivated and always committed to deliver the best quality. You encourage collaboration and enjoy working in a team. You are passionate individual who likes creative and international work environments.
The successful candidate will join the Biological Systems Research Unit of Philip Morris Products S.A. in Neuchâtel, Switzerland and play a major role in developing and managing our computational proteomics platform and in the analysis of our experimental data. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team composed of experimental and computational scientists in many disciplines.
Specifically, you will:
- Be in charge of the computational proteomics platform of PMI. This will include the development of an integrated analysis pipeline for MS-based and Reverse Protein Array-based approaches.
- Contribute to the identification of protein-based biomarkers.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Life Sciences or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of experience in computational proteomics, including algorithm development, Quality Control data analysis and hands on data analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and accessing software for Life Sciences for proteomics and/or MS-based methods and/or Reverse Protein Array methods, including integration with protein databases.
- Project management skills. Ability to manage every phase of an IT project: URS, planning, writing business cases, design and software implementation.
- Knowledge of validation of informatics systems (GLP, 21 CFR Part 11 and GAMP5)
- You have experience in teamwork
- You are fluent in English; spoken French is an asset
- We expect knowledge of the following tools:
- Design of proteomics experiments
- Excellent knowledge of proteomics software/platforms such as Sequest, MASCOT, ProteinScape, X-Tandem, etc.
- Experience with Reverse Protein Array data analysis is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of protein seqeunce databases (UniProt/SwissProt)
- Java, GRAILS, Perl, C++, Web-applications, R, etc.
- MS Project
Deadline: Contact employer