The purpose of the Bioinformatics Scientist is to collaborate with Compendia Scientists to understand our customer’s questions about cancer, patients, and drugs, and to develop data analysis strategies and plans to answer them. This position will be based in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Collaborate with Compendia Scientists to understand our customer’s questions about cancer, patients, and drugs, and develop data analysis strategies and plans to answer them.
- Use Compendia's large collection of high-throughput genomic data and sample annotations to implement and integrate data and analysis pipelines in Pipeline Pilot and/or scripting languages.
- Develop visualization environments in Spotfire to enable scientists to explore the data and answer questions.
- Prepare written and verbal presentations of results and methods.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a Masters and/or PhD along with minimum 2 years post-graduate work experience in related field
- Proven understanding of basic biology, genomics, microarrays, high-throughput data analysis, and genomic databases.
- Expertise in processing, analyzing, and mining large genomic datasets and/or databases.
- Scientific experience in cancer study and/or research.
- Strong computational skills, particularly in data parsing, analysis, and database implementation.
- Ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous bioinformatics and scientific programming experience necessary; experience with Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot, R, SQL, and NGS a plus.
- Pharmaceutical experience and lead author publications are highly valued.
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions.
Works in a casual office environment with other Translational and Bioinformatics Scientists.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Deadline: Contact employer