Vaiomer is a biotechnology company based in Toulouse, France. The company's mission is to develop and exploit commercial opportunities stemming from the recently-demonstrated role played by microbiota in the onset of metabolic diseases and their cardiovascular complications. The proprietary technology and development programs being pursued by Vaiomer are based on discoveries arising from the research work of the Company's scientific founders, Prof Rémy Burcelin and Prof Jacques Amar of the University of Toulouse and INSERM (see Nature Reviews Endocrinology 8, 3; January 2012). Vaiomer is pursuing R&D programs, both in-house and in collaboration with industrial partners, aiming to validate novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets. Research collaborations are in progress with the French pharmaceutical company, Servier, and the Merieux Research Institute.
Senior post-doctoral scientist with experience in bioinformatics and statistics sought to fill key company position with broad career development opportunities. Candidate must be able to work independently and possess a solid understanding of biology, computational methods and management skills. The position offers a competitive salary (negotiable depending on candidate experience) and full social benefits.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistical Genetics, or a related field.
- Proven experience using bioinformatics to analyze high-throughput genetic and genomic data.
- General shell scripting knowledge and experience working in a LINUX environment, particularly with large text files and genomic information.
- Demonstrated knowledge and programming experience in R, C, C++, and an ability to acquire new programming languages as necessary (Perl/Python).
- Familiarity and working knowledge with standard bioinformatics tools, packages, algorithms, and databases.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis methods and tools for bioinformatics (R/bioconductor)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective judgment and problem solving with little supervision is imperative for this position.
- Highly motivated and committed to biomedical research.
- Fluency in English.
Priority will be given to candidates that have:
- Experience with metagenomics data analysis and an understanding of the various technical and computational options available in this field.
To apply contact by e-mail Michael Courtney : eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%6d%69%63%68%61%65%6c%2e%63%6f%75%72%74%6e%65%79%40%76%61%69%6f%6d%65%72%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%6d%69%63%68%61%65%6c%2e%63%6f%75%72%74%6e%65%79%40%76%61%69%6f%6d%65%72%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))
Deadline: Contact employer