Fluidigm Corporation seeks an outstanding individual to join a vibrant interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers to develop single cell analysis, sequencing, genotyping, and gene expression products.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to,
- Develop new algorithms, analysis, and assay design pipelines for targeted re-sequencing, methylation, whole genome amplification, and whole transcriptome amplification.
- Interact with collaborators and internal scientists to establish scientific relevance for novel analysis and assay design.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or a related field, including biological sciences, statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- 5+ years working experience in Bioinformatics
- Extensive experience with NGS technologies and sequence analysis tools.
- Understanding and hand-on experience in biostatistics and bioinformatic algorithms.
- Hand-on experience in PCR assay design.
- Good understanding biochemistry, genetics and epi-genetics.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux, Perl, Python, R and/or MySQL.
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills, thorough and detail-orientated.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.