Requires in depth knowledge and experience of a specialist field and will be recognised expert. Works independently requiring only minimal guidance. Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective using existing solution. May act as a coach or team leader for technicians or lower level scientists.
* Coordinates input from multiple functions, including research and development, testing, regulation and marketing to ensure the passage of a portfolio of drugs through all phases of the drug development process, or contributes to one or more elements of such a project as a technical expert
* Ensures that all aspects of work being carried out by self or team is done with a focus on the commercial viability of the drug under development
* Ensures that clinical reports and other outgoing documents receive appropriate input from commercial, scientific, manufacturing and other relevant stakeholders in the drug development and marketing process or applies own expertise to support this process
* Contributes significantly to development plans and strategies that are scientifically feasible and commercially responsive to local markets, for smaller and less complex drugs or therapies, or provides expert consultancy to the process
* Participates in cross-functional and cross-brand networks to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of projects
* May be accountable for specialised research to enhance the drug development process
* May lead and implement initiatives to improve the drug development process, or support such initiatives as a technical expert
* Remains aware of new, relevant internal and external developments that affect own area of the drug life cycle, and shares these with other members of team or function
* Contributes significantly to determining the commercial and scientific viability of drugs, helping to decide whether development should continue and makes decisions about how much resources to invest in them
* May performance manage a team of clinical research professionals, setting goals and objectives and overseeing their professional development
* Ensures own work, and work of peers, is compliant with Safety, Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulation
* Master's degree in a scientific field
* Considerable experience in the pharmaceutical industry, particularly in drug development
* Experience managing and interpreting the results of clinical trials
* An advanced degree in a related field
* Project management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation
NoticeAstraZeneca does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on AstraZeneca's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to AstraZeneca by search/recruiting agencies not already on AstraZeneca's approved agency list, and who were not asked to work on a specific vacancy, shall become the property of AstraZeneca and if the candidate is subsequently hired by AstraZeneca, AstraZeneca shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit www.astrazeneca.com.
Making a Difference
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer
- See more at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?p=p&jobsID=506994&jobtitle=Associate%20Principal%20Scientist,%20Clinical%20Research&submission=2