Line Development Breeder - Assistant@ Monsanto Company
· Manage different operations, seeding, management of plants, data collection, harvest, etc.
· Assist in computer related activities and provide support for testing activities such as operation of shelling systems, seed counters, and seed packaging
· Perform safety inspections, and assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel.
· Supervision and training of temporary employees
· Work closely with other research sites to keep program operating efficiently
· Participate with team to successfully maintain the Quality Standards
· Assist in other projects and perform other duties as and when required
* Overnight travel during the planting and harvest season.
· BS or MS degree in Plant breeding, Agronomy or related fields
· Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting and harvest seasons
· Experience utilizing MS Word and MS Excel
· Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
· Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks
· Basic understanding of farm equipment maintenance
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English.
· Familiarity with breeding methodologies is desired
· Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices.
* Driving experience is a plus.
Categories Clinical Research
Closing date: Contact employer