The Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona) is an independent, non-profit research institution engaged in basic and applied biomedical science. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park (Parc Científic de Barcelona, PCB), a centre in which first-class public research converges with the private sector in a stimulating, vanguard scientific environment. IRB Barcelona was founded in October 2005 by the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Barcelona Science Park and is administrated through a private foundation. The institute currently has more than 480 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world, who work across disciplines to advance research in the biomedical sciences.
IRB Barcelona invites applications for the post of Molecular Pathology Service Supervisor. He/she will report to the Head of Research and Academic Administration.
• Design, set-up, run and manage the service, taking care of all equipment and reagents and ensuring their correct use.
• Perform routine histological techniques (sample preparation, microtomy, stainings, immunohistochemistry, etc.) for the IRB community.
• Train newcomers how to use the service equipment.
• Ensure the application of quality standards.
• Introduce new techniques and procedures in the facility.
The successful candidate:
• Should have several years of proven experience in a similar facility as well as extensive knowledge of histological techniques such as paraffin embedding, sectioning (frozen and paraffin-embedded samples), regular staining (H/E, etc. ), immunohistochemistry,…
• Should have management skills to run the facility
• Should have initiative to develop new histological techniques
• Should be willing to provide a service to the IRB community
• Should speak fluent English
• Should hold an FPII diploma or bachelor’s degree
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter describing your interest in the position, a complete CV (both in English), and contact information of two referees by email to: eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%69%72%62%6a%6f%62%73%40%69%72%62%62%61%72%63%65%6c%6f%6e%61%2e%6f%72%67%22%3e%69%72%62%6a%6f%62%73%40%69%72%62%62%61%72%63%65%6c%6f%6e%61%2e%6f%72%67%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))
Please quote reference SV/11/01
Deadline: Contact employer